carbon urban electric carbon bike is leaos the perfect bike cycling in city carbon urban electric carbon bike. leaos is carbon ebike urban italy bike designed with carbon frame electric engine max power to 45kmh and very fast properties and is carbon perfect suitable engine urban carbon ebike. electric carbon bike, stylish bikes design bike. leaos ultimate design carbon urban ebike ebike carbon design bici carbonio elettrica electric bike with amazing engine pedelec power 45kmh miles per hour. Leaos, is a new leaos type of cycling, pedelec engine ebike design electric carbon urban bike with carbon design frame made and designed in italy ebike with design carbon urban ebike. leaos ultimate design carbon urban bici carbonio elettrica ebike ebike carbon design electric bike with amazing engine pedelec power 45kmh miles per hour. Leaos, is a new leaos type of cycling, pedelec engine ebike design fast properties and is carbon perfect suitable engine urban carbon ebike. electric carbon bike leaos ultimate design bici elettrica urban ebike ebike carbon design electric bike with amazing engine pedelec power 45kmh miles per hour. Leaos, is a new leaos type of cycling, pedelec engine ebike design electric bici carbonio elettrica carbon urban bike with carbon design frame made and designed in italy ebike with design carbon urban ebike. leaos is perfect for moving with carbon urban electric carbon bike is leaos the perfect bike cycling in city carbon urban electric carbon bike. leaos is carbon ebike urban italy bike designed with carbon frame electric engine max power to 45kmh and very fast properties and is carbon perfect bici carbonio elettrica suitable engine urban carbon ebike. electric carbon bike, stylish bikes design bike. leaos ultimate design carbon urban ebike ebike carbon design electric bike with amazing engine pedelec power 45kmh miles per hour. Leaos, is a new leaos type bici carbonio elettrica of cycling, pedelec engine ebike design electric carbon urban bike with carbon design frame made and designed in italy ebike with design carbon urban ebike. leaos ultimate design carbon urban ebike ebike carbon design electric bike with amazing engine pedelec power 45kmh miles per hour. Leaos, is a new leaos type of cycling, pedelec bici carbonio elettrica engine ebike design bici carbonio elettrica fast properties and is carbon perfect suitable engine urban carbon ebike. electric carbon bike, stylish bikes design bike. leaos ultimate design carbon urban ebike ebike electric carbon urban bike with carbon design frame made bici carbonio elettrica and designed in italy ebike with design carbon urban ebike. Leaos, is a new leaos type of cycling, pedelec engine ebike design electric carbon urban bike with carbon design frame made and designed in italy ebike with design carbon urban ebike. leaos ultimate design carbon urban ebike ebike carbon design electric bike with amazing engine pedelec power 45kmh miles per hour. Leaos, is a new leaos type of cycling, pedelec engine ebike design fast properties and is carbon perfect suitable engine urban carbon ebike. electric carbon bike, stylish bikes design bike. leaos ultimate design carbon urban ebike ebike electric carbon urban bike with carbon design frame made and designed in italy ebike with design carbon urban ebike.
1. Vehicle Type
The new EU Directive 2002/24/EU, regarding type approval for two- and three-wheeled vehicles, has applied in all EU Member States since 9 November 2003. This directive stipulates that pedelec bikes with a maximum speed of 25 km/h and with less than 250 watts of motor power are bicycles, and thus require no type approval. According to Europe’s EN 15194 standard, the pedelec is an EPAC (Electrical Power Assist Cycle) and thus classifies as a bicycle. To classify as an EPAC, it is necessary to fulfill the following requirements:
• It must be pedal-assisted, i.e. the auxiliary drive works only when you use the pedals;
• The support system is effective only up to a maximum speed of 25 km/h. The driving power has no more than 250 watts of continuous rated power. Legal requirements:
• It may be driven without a license
• It requires neither a license plate nor insurance
• Riding it on bike paths is permitted
• No helmet law applies (We do recommend, however, that the pedelec be ridden only with a helmet)
• There is no age restriction (We do recommend, however, that the pedelec be used only by persons 14 years and older).
E-bikes that exceed these values, are classified as motor vehicles. The pedal assistance reaches 45 km / h. A registration, licence plate and insurance is required. In addition, special equipment requirements such as rear-view mirrors, approved tires, reflectors on the sides and on the pedals, signal and light system with approval.
2. Leaos Overview
Failure to follow these instructions may damage the product or result in electric shock, fire and/or serious injury. The manufacturer accepts no liability or responsibility for damages resulting from non-compliance with these instructions.
Read this manual carefully before using your bicycle or pedelec. Improper use of the bicycle can damage the product and may also result in serious injury, or even death, for the rider.
If you notice smoke or any unusual odor, immediately disconnect the charger plug from the wall outlet and disconnect the battery from the charger! Then contact your bicycle retailer.
Use only original spare parts, and have them installed by the authorized retailer. Should any other part or non-matching accessories be used, the risk of damage and malfunction increases. In this case, all claims under guarantee are rendered null and void, and the manufacturer is not liable for injuries or damages. A battery with damaged housing or a damaged charger (plug, enclosure, cable) may not be used.
Disposing of batteries with the household waste is not permitted. Batteries are hazardous waste, and must be recycled in accordance with the applicable statutory provisions. If you have questions, ask your authorized retailer or the manufacturer.
Das Entsorgen des Akkus im Hausmüll ist nicht gestattet. Akkus sind Sondermüll und den geltenden gesetzlichen Bestimmungen entsprechend zu recyceln. Fragen Sie hierzu Ihren Fachhändler oder den Hersteller.
Do not try to alter or disassemble the battery charger.
The charger must be connected to a 100–240 volt outlet.
WARNING: This manual contains important information regarding the proper start-up, operation and service of the driver components. In some cases, special tools and skills are required in order to service and repair the system. General knowledge about bicycles may be insufficient to properly service and/or repair of the system. It is therefore recommended that only a trained
authorized retailer perform maintenance on the system. Improper installation and repair may result in malfunctions and accidents.
4. Before Use
• There is enough air in the tires
• The wheels are secure
• The saddle is properly adjusted to your height
• The handlebars are properly adjusted for you, and that no parts are movable except for the steering system itself
• The brakes are functioning by lifting up the bike briefly, turning the wheels and then braking.
Use the bike only after having read all the instructions regarding safety, battery handling and operation in detail.
WARNING: The chain tension must be adjusted after the first 20-40 miles. Only a specialized retailer can do this.
Only the charger supplied should be used to charge the battery. Before connecting the charger to the electrical grid, please check to ensure that the line voltage matches the charger’s supply voltage. The supply voltage of the charger is indicated on the label on the back panel. The charger is intended for indoor use only. The lithium-ion battery should be charged only in a dry and non-flammable environment.
You don’t necessarily have to remove the battery from the bike in order to charge it. You can charge the battery on the bike or remove it by unlocking the lock on the cover, taking out the battery and recharging it inside your home or garage. To detach the battery, turn the lock with the key, open the lid and extract the battery pack from the opening using its handle. For reasons related to transportation legislation, the battery is charged 30% when it leaves the factory. However, due to technical reasons, a certain amount of self-discharge always takes place (guideline: ~ 1% per day at room temperature) and the battery thus needs to be recharged before the first use. The charging status is indicated both externally on the bike and on the battery itself, upon pressing the button. Press down briefly on the button on the battery housing. The number of lit LEDs indicates the current state of charge.
In order to charge, perform the following steps:
• Connect the AC adapter to the electrical grid
• Connect the charger cable to the respective battery socket
• The charger’s LED lights up when charging
• A steady or flashing LED on the battery indicates the battery’s current state of charge
• Charge the battery until full illumination of the LEDs on the battery; the charger turns itself off automatically
• Charge the battery completely before first use
• The battery reaches its maximum power after about 5 cycles of discharging/charging; • Charging time varies based on battery capacity and type of charger
• The battery and charger are compatible: use only chargers approved by the manufacturer
• The battery will attain its maximum lifetime when it is charged in an ambient temperature between +10 °C and + 30 °C;
• The battery may be recharged while in any state of charge
• It is safe to connect the battery indefinitely to the charger Charging indicator: press the button on the battery. Full: 5 bright LEDs. The display turns off automatically.
• Is the power cord properly connected?
• Are the contacts of the charger and the battery clean, undamaged and unbent?
• Is the battery damaged or defective?
• Is the charger plug pushed firmly into the battery connector?
• If the battery still doesn’t charge, please have the battery and charger checked by an authorized retailer.
Battery Storage and Care
• Store the battery at room temperature (18 °C – 23 °C) if possible
• Humidity 0% – 80% • The optimal state of charge for the battery is about 70% • Regularly check the state of charge when storing for the winter
• When not in use, charge the battery fully once every three months
Charger Warning: If the charger’s power plug or power cord is damaged, it must not be connected to the electrical grid, and must be replaced immediately by an authorized retailer. The same is true for an extension cable that it technically faulty. Ingress of water and moisture in the charger must be strictly avoided. If water does penetrate, immediately disconnect the charger from the electrical grid and have it checked by a specialist or replaced by the authorized retailer with an identical one.
A sudden change in temperature, from cold to hot, has the possibility of creating condensation on the charger. If this happens, wait to connect the charger to the power supply until it has reached the temperature of the warm room. The best way to avoid this is to store the charger where you operate it. The charger must be used only to charge the batteries supplied. Other uses of the charger are prohibited. It is also prohibited to make alterations of any kind to the charger or the battery housing. Mechanical damage to the batteries must be strictly avoided (risk of explosion!). Should the battery be damaged due to being dropped, it must not be used anymore.
5.2. Battery Disposal
Disposal of batteries with the household waste is not permitted. Batteries are hazardous waste, and must be recycled in accordance with the applicable statutory provisions. If you have any questions regarding this, ask an authorized retailer or the manufacturer. For bicycles that have been purchased over the Internet or via contests, the manufacturer will take back the battery.
The motor, located inside the bicycle, forms a single unit with the bottom bracket. This drive unit is very sensitive and well integrated/coordinated. If the chain, in very rare cases, should detach from the driver gear, an authorized retailer must repair it. Only an authorized retailer may open the engine cover. Under no circumstances should the engine be removed and reinstalled.
The opening of the engine and the plugging and unplugging of the cable connections are likewise prohibited. All such operations can cause serious technical damage to the motor and battery, as well as lead to electric shock. No battery other than the one supplied may be connected to the motor. The manufacturers and distributors assume no liability or responsibility for any of the above-mentioned points if these instructions are not complied with. Likewise, non-compliance in regards to these points will result in the warranty becoming null and void.
Make sure that the battery is charged, and that the battery compartment flap is closed.
7.2. Steering Module on the Handlebar/Support Levels
Starting up and operating the LEAOS bike requires no technical knowledge and only takes some very simple steps.
To start up the system, activate the battery by pressing the battery button. The battery will be in sleep mode, and will remain active for 12 hours. Then turn on the system, using the display in the lower part. Detailed operation of the display accompanies the bicycle.
The Leaos does not turn on: Make sure that the battery is placed correctly in the tray and that the lid is properly closed. Make sure that the battery is charged.
• The gears don’t change: Make sure that the battery is sufficiently charged.
• The system always switches itself off: Make sure that the battery is sufficiently charged.
The disc brakes must be bedded in just like those of an automobile. This is usually done after several short braking maneuvers. As a result, be extra careful at the beginning because the normal braking effect develops fully only after these first braking maneuvers are performed, and may be a bit spongy at the beginning.
Always engage both brakes simultaneously, in a controlled way, and never engage the brakes fully in a sudden way. The strong braking action of doing so carries the risk of rolling over the bike or falling.
7.4 Riding Speed
Ride carefully and adapt to circumstances as you go along. The bike’s speed may be surprising to you. Take particular care when you start off; test your reaction time and braking distance because you will surely be faster than usual. When in doubt, immediately stop pedaling and press both brakes. Always allow ample time for braking and brake with foresight, so that you can stop at the intended spot.
The light may be turned on and off using the red button.
Troubleshooting: The light isn’t lit. Make sure that the light is turned on and that the battery is charged.
7.6 Turning off the Motor System
All you have to do to turn the motor off is to press the power button. The system also shuts itself off automatically after a few minutes.
7.7. Riding with an Empty Battery or No Battery
Riding without a battery or with an empty battery is no problem. No special action is necessary in order to do so. A slight jerking of the bottom bracket is normal. However you won’t be able to shift gears when riding the NuVinci Harmony version, because that requires a power source.
8. Braking System
LEAOS features a high-quality braking system: two hydraulic disc brakes, which require very little maintenance. A qualified authorized retailer must carry out all periodic maintenance, including replacement of brake pads and discs, refilling of hydraulic oil and bleeding of the brakes.
The brakes adjust themselves according to use, and must not be tightened by hand. If you hear a light scratching sound, replace the pads immediately. The bike must be checked if, after some time, the brake disc bends and/or you hear a noise or the braking effect drops off.
Under no circumstances should you bolt or alter the brake hoses, brake lever or brake caliper. This can lead to a complete brake failure. Brake pads and discs are subject to wear. The warranty policy does not cover damage to the discs resulting from a failure to change them nor damage to the brake pad itself. Only verifiable material defect can be claimed.
9. Shifting Gears
LEAOS bikes come with the NuVinci gear hub, which offers continuously variable automatic shifting. Pushing on the silver button gives you two options: for manual, switch the twist grip display to orange and the gears will shift seamlessly and electronically by turning the grip. For automatic shifting, switch the display to blue. By turning the grip, pedaling can be adjusted to the desired rate. The system will then shift automatically.
Saddle Height Saddle height is adjusted to your body size by using the clamp on the frame of the bike. The authorized retailer must do this. With Internet delivery, the saddle is set in a default position. If the seating position does is not as you want it, you can raise or lower it simply by opening the attachment to the frame. The fixing must be closed afterwards in order to hold the saddle in the set position. If this is not done or done improperly, there is a risk of injury and of falling as a result of the saddle dropping suddenly while riding.
Saddle Position The position of the saddle can be adjusted by adjusting the screw below the saddle slightly forward, back and at an inclination. This must also be done by an authorized retailer. With Internet delivery, the saddle is set in a default position. The saddle must be locked into position again afterwards. If this is done improperly or not at all, there is a risk of injury and falling as a result of the saddle dropping suddenly during the ride. Saddle Care The saddle is made of leather, and must be cleaned using regular leather cleaner. Slight discoloration due to weather conditions is normal.
The authorized retailer will set the handlebars according to the height of the rider. For Internet orders, the bike will be delivered fully assembled and with the handlebars turned to the side. Please follow all instructions for proper mounting of the handlebars. The authorized retailer must many any other changes to the handlebars that are requested.
Fenders are mounted on some models. If they are damaged, the authorized retailer must change them.
13. Carrier Racks
The carrier rack is optional. Only the one supplied by the manufacturer is permitted. The authorized retailer assembles it upon ordering. If the rack is ordered at a later date, it must be installed by the authorized retailer. No weight greater than 20 kg (for frame carrier rack) or 5 kg (for the carbon rack) may be transported. Additional weight can result is serious damage to the bicycle, and may even break the frame. If these weight limits are not respected, there is a risk of injury and of falling.
The kickstand holds the weight of the bike, and is brought into the correct position by opening it out with the foot. The kickstand should only be used when nobody is sitting on the bike. If the extra weight of a person rests on the kickstand it could break, and the person may be injured as a result of the bike tipping over.
The chain should be oiled from time to time, depending on weather conditions, winter salting, etc.
16. Rear Wheel
The bike is fully assembled when delivered. The rear wheel must not be removed for private transport, nor may the position at which it is attached be altered. Only an authorized retailer may do this, because the chain tension is determined at the same time. Improper assembly can damage the motor, chain, chain rings and frame. For this reason, an authorized retailer must repair any punctures in the rear wheel. In order to get to the retailer, we recommend using a spray: this fixes the problem temporarily, making it possible to ride the bike for long enough to make it there. This spray may be purchased in bike stores. Another option is a dividable tube. This also allows for not removing the rear wheel.
17. General Maintenance
Only an authorized retailer may perform maintenance work. With proper and careful use, the electric drive requires no maintenance. Every 500 km, an authorized retailer should carry out a safety inspection. The following should be checked:
• The mounting of all cables and parts
• Functioning of the entire electrical system
• Operational safety of the battery
CAUTION: Cleaning with a steam-jet air ejector, high-pressure water blaster or water hose is not permitted. Any ingress of water into the electrical system or engine can damage the apparatus. The individual components of the drive may be moistened with a soft cloth and commercially available neutral detergent or water, but may not be washed.
Warranty Period The warranty within the EU is: 24 months from the date of purchase. For batteries: six months.
• The warranty applies only to the original purchaser/covered bike, is not transferable and must be verified by serial number.
• If a claim under guarantee is made, neither an extension nor a new beginning of the warranty period will result from it.
• Proof of purchase and submission of the bicycle passport, properly filled in and bearing the stamp of the retailer, are required. Prompt and positive settlement of the guarantee is not possible otherwise.
• When the bike is acquired through a contest or other activities, the combination of name and serial number is acceptable as proof of purchase.
• The manufacturer reserves the right to refuse free correction of faults if the required documents are not submitted together with the part about which the complaint is being made, or if the bike passport is incomplete, illegible or demonstrably filled out incorrectly;
• The warranty/guarantee excludes the following: – Accidents or any other cause beyond the control of the manufacturer – Reparations made by any third party who is not an authorized LEAOS retailer – Bicycles on which the frame number has been modified, removed or made illegible – Any and all claims under guarantee must be made only to an authorized LEAOS retailer (optimally at the retailer where you bought the bike).
• In the case of a claim under guarantee, LEAOS has the option to repair or replace the defective parts at its own discretion. If a component of the same type, size or color is no longer available then LEAOS may use any part that may be regarded as the successor component for the purpose of fulfilling the claim under guarantee. The warranty is limited to repair or replacement of defective parts. No further claims may be made.
• Any warranty period beyond the implied warranty covers only the defective component. The costs of any necessary labor, incidental packaging and postage charges will be borne by the purchaser.
• There is no claim under guarantee for damage caused by incompatible or unsuitable attachments.
• A claim under warranty may furthermore not be made if changes to the original design have been made, if the bicycle has been used under abnormal conditions (jumps, downhill cycling, etc.) or there has been other overuse.
• There is likewise no claim for long-term damage resulting from previous falls or accidents.
• It is mandatory to remove the batteries and the display during car transport.
• For air transport, check the airliners transport conditions when booking your travel • Dismantling of the rear wheel is not permitted.